Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

Please let us know when you have successfully downloaded LADD. Also, it would help us if you could not the download speeds and report the back to us. Let us know if you are wireless (tsk tsk tsk!!!) or using Cat5 or 6.

Also, let us know if you had any problems.

Cheers,

Andrew K

soulofsound

Is there a download link?

Sebastian K
    Participant

@soulofsound wrote:

Is there a download link?

Hi Willem,

Check your email (and the Audiobro Download Center)! :D

soulofsound

Thanks. :)

nick batzdorf
    Participant

Probably no help here, but I want to respond:

My main machine – the one connected by copper – is running 10.9.5 and only has about 20GB free on the startup drive.

Since I have to redirect the download to another drive, I’m running your installation program on my OS X 10.6.8 laptop and having it put LADD on the drive over the network.

My brain can’t figure out whether that means the library is going over tsk tsk wi-fi twice or not, but it’s probably not as fast as a direct download.

Andrew K
    Participant

@nick batzdorf wrote:

Probably no help here, but I want to respond:

My main machine – the one connected by copper – is running 10.9.5 and only has about 20GB free on the startup drive.

Since I have to redirect the download to another drive, I’m running your installation program on my OS X 10.6.8 laptop and having it put LADD on the drive over the network.

My brain can’t figure out whether that means the library is going over tsk tsk wi-fi twice or not, but it’s probably not as fast as a direct download.

You should be fine.

Thanks Sir Nick!!

Cheers,

Andrew K

Andrew K
    Participant

Hey guys,

Make sure you update your profile to show your system specs etc:

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature

You can look at my sig to get an idea.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew K

soulofsound

I’m getting around 850kB/s which is around the same number i got with the last LASS update, if I remember correctly. Anyway, i think it’s decent. Only 5 hours to go to download 18GB. No complaints here.
    I’m on wireless and have a shit connection, pardon my french. Yet, i get speeds between 1-2MB/s usually, so i assume the bottleneck is not at my wifi box. But i’m not a 100% sure of course.

Sebastian K
    Participant

@soulofsound wrote:

I’m getting around 850kB/s which is around the same number i got with the last LASS update, if I remember correctly. Anyway, i think it’s decent. Only 5 hours to go to download 18GB. No complaints here.
    I’m on wireless and have a shit connection, pardon my french. Yet, i get speeds between 1-2MB/s usually, so i assume the bottleneck is not at my wifi box. But i’m not a 100% sure of course.

Will be interesting to compare to the new downloader. The current system is a single threaded connection to a “local” razor-edge server. The new downloader will be an optimized number of concurrent connections to try to maximize bandwidth. Hopefully it will help get you back up to where you’d expect to see the transfer rate.

nick batzdorf
    Participant

For what it’s worth the process took almost exactly 2-1/2 hours the way I did it (that includes decompressing the files).

nick batzdorf
    Participant

HOLY SHIT!

Awesome.

Andrew K
    Participant

@nick batzdorf wrote:

For what it’s worth the process took almost exactly 2-1/2 hours the way I did it (that includes decompressing the files).

Like :)

Andrew K
    Participant

@nick batzdorf wrote:

HOLY SHIT!

Awesome.

I’m guessing that’s a “good” Holy Shit?!

daveyboy
    Participant

It took me close to 3 hours. So far very cool! Congrats.

Craig Sharmat

3 hrs and 20 minutes here

soulofsound

Having some internet trouble here. My ISP told me to get their new modem some time ago. I will do this tomorrow and check whether i get better download speeds. Theoretically i should have 160Mbps then.

Andrew K
    Participant

Now that I think about it, I think it’s actually good that we downloaded LADDwith our old ADC (Audiobro Download Center) application. This way when you guys download the final NI version we can compare performance.

Thanks guys

Cheers,

Andrew K

midphase
    Participant

Downloading right now, going at 2.67Mbps (this is with the TWC Plus service which supposedly is as fast as 20Mbps). The time estimate is 1 hour and 35 minutes, started it at 4:10pm…let’s see if it really means it!

Ok, so the download just ended at 5:47, so that’s 1:37…pretty spot-on with the initial estimate. Download remained right at 2.66Mbps through, even with me occasionally checking e-mails and Facebook. I’m quite impressed!

Decompression of samples took another 2 minutes, very fast!

All in all, the process was seamless and fast, possibly faster than any other library of similar size I’ve ever downloaded (even Pro Tools from AVID takes considerably longer to download).

Now onto the fun stuff!

gvalasek

It was 1h47m on my end at a steady speed!

soulofsound

Gábor, you’re in Europe, too, aren’t you?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Beta 1’ is closed to new topics and replies.