MODERN SCORING STRINGS
MSS’s Expanded Legato library of Sordino, Sul Tasto, and Sul Pont legato articulations.
Log in for the best prices!
MSS EL Expanded Legato is an add-on library to the main MSS library with an additional 60GB worth of Sordino, Sul Tasto, Sul Pont, and… legato, portamento, and glissando articulations (not available in the main MSS library). Mixed down to four different microphone mixes, the breadth of articulations and bowing techniques were chosen to offer an enormous range of colors and emotions for your productions. Enjoy these new delicate and inspiring string sonorities with extra legato features like “Bloom,” “Crescendo,” and “Attack.“
- 16 Violins – recorded in 2 divisis (8 Vns) separately
- 14 Violins II – recorded in 2 divisis (7 Vns) separately
- 12 Violas – recorded in 2 divisis (6 Vas) separately
- 10 Cellos – recorded in 2 divisis (5 Cls) separately
- 8 Basses – recorded in 2 divisis (4 Cbs) separately
Here is a partial list of Modern Scoring Strings’ Features:
- A gorgeous and lush divisi sound that’s easy to use
- Bloom/Crescendo, Attack, and Normal bowing
- A new Legato Engine with unprecedented control
- Look Ahead – minimize tedious MIDI editing
- Advanced Key Switching and patch control
- NKS integration
Like MSS, MSS EL is part of our newest and most recently recorded 60-piece “a2” divisi (2 parts divisi per section) string library that has been painstakingly developed by recording different divisi sections (a half a section at a time) on a beautiful sounding scoring stage giving you unprecedented control of each instrument and section.
Modern Scoring Strings Expanded Legato is available as a bundle with MSS Full, but it is also available as a separate product. While the main MSS Full library includes Sordino, Sul Tasto, and Sul Pont sustains, the “main” library does not offer the legato, portamento, or glissando transitions for those articulations. We felt it was better to split out the 60GB of additional legato articulations to a different add-on library to give users the option based on their needs.
I find the expanded legatos exceptional when I need that tone.Trevor Meier, Composer
“I find the expanded legatos exceptional when I need that tone.”
For me, MSS with the additional processing is the clear winner.Duncan Krummel, Composer
“For me, MSS with the additional processing is the clear winner.”
Modern Scoring Strings Expanded Legato Details
MSS Expanded Legato
Modern Scoring Strings Expanded Legato is an add-on library with 60GB worth of Sordino, Sul Tasto, Sul Pont, and… legato, portamento, and glissando articulations. It can be purchased as a bundle with MSS Full (at a discounted bundle price) and it is also be available as a separate, and independent product. While the main MSS Full library includes Sordino, Sul Tasto, and Sul Pont sustains, it does not offer the legato transitions of those articulations – these are only available in this library. We felt it was better to split out the 60GB of additional legato articulations to a different add-on library to give users the option based on their needs. Here is what you are getting with MSS Expanded Legato:
Modern Scoring Strings Expanded Legato Articulations
The chart below are all for Sordino, Sul Tasto, and Sul Pont.
Variable Attack Control Sustains
Great Strings players have an enormous range of attacks possible when playing sustains in any range AND at any dynamic… your strings library should too. Modern Scoring Strings continues with our Audiobro’s concept of Variable Attack Control and makes it available across all the string sections. Most importantly, these aren’t “Frankenstein” sample edits or synthetic envelopes. All of these sustains are easily switchable in a variety of ways: Velocity, CC, Key Switching, Host Automations etc.
These are real variable attack samples – recorded on each note and at each dynamic. Once you try it, you’ll never want to go back.
These are beautifully performed crescendos leading into a sustain. The perfect way to get that gentle swell into a note. Played at all recorded dynamics:
These are your prototypical “normal sustains” that we’ve all come to expect from sample libraries:
These are accented sustains and add extra power to your attack and note in general:
It should also be mentioned that you have full control over how much vibrato you want on the arcos and this can, of course, be controlled in real-time via Continuous Controller automation (CC).
Gorgeous Divisi Sound and Ease of Use
At the end of the day, when you do your final mix-down or exports, it all comes down to the actual sound of the strings. They need to sound great! Mixed to standard orchestral seating, all the divisis combine beautifully for a lush and glorious sound. The velvety smooth Sordino, Sul Tasto, and Sul Pont articulations fully capture the broad expressive range and diversity of the strings family. Pristine recordings with 4 different mic mixes and meticulous editing coupled with our easy-to-use and the intuitive orchestral engine will ensure every note of your music will shine without the need for tedious MIDI micro-editing.
|Violins 1A: 8 players||Violas A: 6 players||Cellos A: 5 players||Basses A: 4 players|
|Violins 1B: 8 players||Violas B: 6 players||Cellos B: 5 players||Basses B: 4 players|
|Violins 2A: 7 players|
|Violins 2B: 7 players|
Using our unique Detune feature on the different Divisis to yield chaos and aleatoric sounds is a very creative way to extend breath new life into all the articulations. What the video below to learn more about this versatile tool:
Deep DAW Integrations
Meticulous micro-editing (without all the editing)
Using the included robust Articulation Sets and Expression Maps, users of Logic X and Cubase can tightly integrate Modern Scoring Strings articulations and settings directly into their DAWs. This allows for easier changing of articulations during and after recording in your parts without the ugly extra notes appearing in your piano roll and score editors. But taken to their full potential, these integrations also allow you to control the most critical performance features to get a great and expressive performance without the need for memorizing random CCs and KeySwitch notes.
A few advantages of using Articulation Sets or Expression Maps:
- Set up live articulation switching directly in Logic/Cubase using a variety of methods
- Keep keyswitch notes and/or CCs out of your MIDI regions for easier reading and exporting of piano rolls and scores
- Easily gain access to critical Modern Scoring Strings settings without any deep editinga of random CCs required
- Completely customizeable to your liking
- Unify your preferred articulation switching methods across libraries
Learn more by watching Logic and Cubase integration videos below:
Ensemble and Stage
The Ensemble page is where the Stage and Audiobro’s coveted Auto Divisi and Delay & Humanization (DNH) features reside. Here you can choose and place your players on our virtual stage and our Auto Divisi will intelligently cater to your choices.
Some of the Ensemble Pages’s main features include:
- Auto Divisi automatically adapts to your player choices
- 52 ambiance presets using exclusive Audiobro IRs
- X/Y pad for easy placement of players
- Independent volume, width and pan per player
- Adjustable Stage amounts for each microphone
- Auto-purge samples from players that are not being used on stage
The Mixer[/headline] Audiobro’s new Mixer engine features extensive Modulation, Automation and Effects Sends sections that allow you to tailor your sound in compelling ways while keeping things simple and intuitive.
Our new mixer has advanced features like:
- 20 key switchable user-definable Mixer snapshots
- 4 microphone mixes: Close, Stage, Surround, and Full Mix
- 7 inserts per channel
- 28 Effects plugins
- Over 50 filters to choose from
- Put any effects or filters in any order in our insert slots
- Assign MIDI CCs to a plugin Effect parameter
Modulation Tables to create compelling sonic landscapes
- Chopper – rhythmically stutter any channel to your specifications
Komplete Kontrol and NKS
LASS 3 integrates seamlessly with Native Instrument’s Komplete Kontrol software and NKS* eco system.
Control the most important features of LASS 3 directly from NI hardware and using your sequencer’s device automation. We’ve made it quicker and easier to find sounds – browse and load all KOMPLETE Instrument presets from a single plugin. Knobs will display all the relevant controls on NI’s LED displays.
Learn more about NKS here:
System Specifications for MSS Expanded Legato
- About 60GB with lossless compressed audio files (approximately 80GB uncompressed). 70GB required during installation for the entire 60GB library.
NOTE: Once successfully installed, please make a safe backup of the library for future reference. There is a $25 Amazon Web Server costs re-download fee if you want to re-download all of MSS’s sample data.
- Stand-alone, VST®, Audio Units™, AAX®
Minimum System Requirements:
- Requires Kontakt Player 6.1.1 or later. Click here to download the latest free version of Kontakt Player.
- Windows — Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (latest service pack), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB RAM (over 6 GB recommended – the more RAM, the better!) *** Windows XP is no longer supported. ***
- Mac — Mac OS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 or 11 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM (over 8 GB recommended – the more RAM, the better!)
* NKS is a registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
MSS Expanded Legato Pricing Information
Existing customers, login to our store to see your preferred pricing
We are very pleased to offer customer loyalty pricing for Modern Scoring Strings (MSS) and MSS Expanded Legato as well as the LASS Full Loyalty program. If you are an existing Audiobro customer you can simply log into your account and see your special customized pricing in the store. New customers will not have an account yet (you need an Audiobro purchase to do this).