BEFORE you pay to re-download your libraries, check out the useful topics below… you might not need to re-download them.
The easiest thing for you to do in this case is to copy the Library Folder from your backup or another system of yours to your destination system. This way, you do not have to re-download all those GBs of sample data.
- 1. Copy the whole library folder over to the new system
- 2. Log in to Native Access
- 3. Find the Library in the “Not Installed” section
- 4. Click “Add Library” and point it to your copied folder
Usually, simply opening Kontakt and going to your Library tab and clicking Locate library will fix this. If your Kontakt library is still showing up as uninstalled in Kontakt, you may want to refer to this article.
This is a good link:
How to Resolve Issues with Missing Samples for a Kontakt Library.
Also, here is a video that explains how to Batch Resave in Kontakt.
Check out our Batch Resave video here: Batch Resaving
If you find that patches are loading slower than you would like, it’s a good idea to Batch Re-save your library. To do this, do the following:
- Open Kontakt in Stand-Alone mode (not hosted in a sequencer) and navigate to the File icon (floppy icon) and click on it.
- Navigate to the Batch re-save option.
- You will be prompted with a warning. Don’t be too afraid, just click “Yes.”
- Navigate to your Library folder, select the Library folder. Then click Open.
- Wait patiently as Kontakt re-saves your instruments. After it’s done, your instruments will load much faster.
Please follow these instructions: Activating In Native Access.
You may also want to look at Native Instruments’ Instructions.
Your audiobro license is a single user license and allows you to install LASS on 2 computers provided you are the sole user of those computers. Basically, you get 2 installs when you purchase an LASS license. If you need more, special arrangements can be made on a case-by-case basis.